Dominion Marine Technical Services
Our Technical Services team have years of knowledge and expertise in the Shipping and Yachting industry. Services we offer to yacht owners and Captains include:
- Yacht registration: we can serve as the link between the Flag State, the owner and their yacht to provide assistance with registration, radio licence matters and so on
- Yacht Code compliance: we can liaise with the major international ship registries to assist with Large Yacht Code compliance and research viable alternative arrangements where necessary
- International Safety Management [ISM]: we have designed a Mini ISM system in full compliance with the requirements of Section 30.2 and Annex 2 of the Large Commercial Yacht Code;
- International Safety Management [ISM]: ‘full’ ISM is an international requirement for all commercial vessels of 500 Gross Tons and above. Dominion Marine Technical Services has developed an approved system which offers full services as required by the ISM Code including the role of a Designated Person Ashore [DPA];
- International Ship and Port Facility Security [ISPS]: the ISPS Code became mandatory for all vessels of 500GT and over on 1st July 2004. The Code requires that all vessels have a Ship Security Officer (SSO), a Company Security Officer (CSO) and a Ship Security Assessment (SSA) culminating in a Ship Security Plan (SSP) being drawn up. DMTS personnel have been trained by professional security consultants and have been certified to provide the services of the CSO. DMTS will assist with the preparation of the SSA and the SSP for submission to the Flag State to obtain the required formal approval.
- Project Management: we can assist throughout the project from initial discussions with builders, Classification Societies and Flag State Administrations through to the completed vessel to ensure the delivered product satisfies all relevant requirements
- Maintenance of statutory certificate, crew and yacht databases showing current status of each for every vessel; applications for certificate of competency endorsements and manning requirements; general technical support to Captains including 24/7 assistance & emergency response; and circulation to yachts of all new and amended copies of relevant Shipping Notices and Government circulars.