More Details about the AIM & PLUS Markets
The AIM Market
AIM offers all the benefits of being traded on a public market but within a regulatory environment designed specifically for smaller companies.
Companies choose to join AIM because:
- Accessibility – AIM does not stipulate minimum criteria in relation to company size, track record and the number of shares in public ownership.
- Appropriate Regulations - AIM companies are not typically required to make specific announcements when effecting acquisitions and disposals thus enabling the company to expand or change direction quickly and cost-effectively.
- Tax Breaks for Investors - There are a range of tax breaks available for investors in AIM companies including Capital Gains Gift Relief, Enterprise Investment Schemes, Inheritance Tax Business Property Relief, Loss Relief, Venture Capital Trusts and Corporate Venturing Schemes.
The PLUS Market
The PLUS market has been established for companies and funds, who are seeking a full UKLA listing and a presence on an EU regulated market, whether to raise capital or enhance the profile of their business.
Companies join the PLUS market because:
- They want to be on a market dedicated to their needs and alongside other smaller companies, with the opportunity to become prominent within their market.
- The admission process can be very cost-effective and is designed to keep costs proportionate to the size of the company and any fundraising.
- They want to join a market that is gaining in standing amongst the investor community, with a growing reputation as a destination of choice.
The Isle of Man continues to be the international jurisdiction of choice for AIM and PLUS listings due to a number of legislative advantages and the unparalleled experience of its advisors. For this reason ICM has now formed The Isle of Man Capital Markets Alliance to offer clients a joined up and cost effective listing solution.